The Brain Bus provides a range of activities to promote physical and mental wellbeing for people living with dementia. All of the activities provided are tailored and personalised to service user needs, enabling them to get the most out of their time on the Brain Bus.
It is as important for people living with Dementia as those without to get regular exercise, as it aids general health and mental well being.
The virtual bike allows the participant to cycle through their choice of local areas or world landmarks at a pace that suits their need. The bike can be powered using the participant's legs or arms enabling participants with mobility issues to benefit from light exercise. They can also reminisce about cycling and discus the simulated scenery, making it much more fun to exercise.
Participants can also choose from a variety of other physical exercise programmes including Thai Chi, Yoga and seated exercises. Working alongside your organisation we can develop exercise programmes that will assist in falls prevention. These exercise programs are developed specifically for older people with a variety of challenges. Our team can further adapt each program to a pace that meets the needs of each individual.
Through the Brain Bus' touch screen computers participants engage in a range of games, quizzes and puzzles, which challenge them in a nonthreatening, fun and relaxed atmosphere. Our Brain Bus Team assists participants to be complete all activities they choose; with the appropriate level of assistance to make each individual feel successful. These activities can also be used in a group environment encouraging social interaction and inclusion for all.
Reminiscing therapies have been proven to enhance communication, improve symptoms of depression, and improve psychosocial well-being in people living with dementia. The Brain Bus has a range of media's onboard to engage the client.
- Travel - local and world - 360° photos, video clips, slideshows & history.
- History - something for every day of the year to spark discussion/trigger memories.
- Music - Video Jukeboxes, classic performances, by genre, artist, year.
- Spiritual - Hymns, bible stories, sermons, enjoy your faith or learn about another.
- Games and the rest - everything we do has the potential to trigger memories and often leads to sharing memories, telling stories, laughter and an occasional tear too. Participants choose content that is interesting and meaningful to them. Every Brain Bus session can be a reminiscence experience and gives our repeat customers something to look forward to.